Tuesday 16 August 2011

A Collection of Warped Videos

Kong are playing a free gig at The Old Blue Last in Shoreditch on Saturday. This reminded me how warped their 'Ribbons' video was.  And then I realised that all of the videos I'm overwatching at the minute are quite warped.

Kong - 'Ribbons'



Ben Wheele - 'The Tropical Cake Boutique'
Ben Wheele's 'Decoration' animation at the recent RCA graduate show was very, very, good. One to keep an eye on.



Tom Rubnitz - 'Pickle Surprise'
From the late 80's, the visuals and styling are - and I don't use this word sparingly - AMAZING. "Repeat my mantra... "Ha-mmm. Hammmmmmmm. Heeyum!"



God Damn - 'In Heaven'
Thrashy boys in Marie Antoinette wigs eating chicken - ticks a lot of boxes.  They've promised to let me help with styling on the next one which I already know will be incredible.



David Lynch - 'In Heaven' from Eraserhead
The original mutton-chopped lady in the radiator.  Do not watch before bed time.



- HW

No comments:

Post a Comment